|The Corner 4 Women Article Forum
Motivating & Empowering Women For Business, Health & Leisure
VISIT OUR MAIN PAGE
Admin are TC4Women, Oaky Wood & Yagami
Contact:- admin @ thecorner4women.com
NO NEW MEMBERS ARE BEING ACCEPTED AT THIS TIME
Main Site Admin
Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Location: United Kingdom
|Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:57 pm Post subject: False Lashes 101 - How to Fake it, When to Fake it
|False Lashes 101 - How to Fake it, When to Fake it, & When to Go Naked
By Kimberley Caughell
Are you a serial miss-lasher? Do you often throw on strip lashes before going grocery shopping? Or you the fear-of-lasher? Do you go out to the bar with smokey eye and not a lash in sight? In UvKITTY's 'False Lashes 101? you are going to learn when to wear lashes (or when not to), what kinds of lashes there are, and how to put them on properly. Let's get started.
Different Types O' Lashes
Eyelashes can be separated into three main categories. There are individual lashes, strip lashes, and costume strip lashes. Before we try to maneouvre each, let's find out what they are.
Individual lashes usually come in little packs of about 30 or so. They are three or four single lashes attached to a point to a little black 'bead'. It is this 'bead' you would place your glue on.
Individual lashes come in all different lengths and colors. If you are picking up some to add to your make-up kit, pick up a box of natural looking (not too long with varying lengths in each little lash 'bead') in black and a more natural looking brownish shade.
The more popular lashes and commonly recognized, strip lashes are real or synthetic lashes sewn into a strip. These are also the most commonly miss-used lashes.
Strip lashes come in tons of lengths and shades. If you are picking up some to add to your make-up kit, or test out- pick out a couple. One set that is more natural, and another one that is a little fuller and adds length (don't go crazy. There is a fine line between adding length and 'drag queen').
Costume strip lashes are the lashes that don't fit in the strip lashes category. They come in a rainbow of colors and lengths, may have feathers attached to them, they may be glittery, have rhinestones, or they may just be uber lush, and in turn look fake. The best time to add costume lashes to your kit, is the day after Halloween. You can buy costume lashes usually at 80% off after this date.
When to Wear Them
Fake Eyelashes can be tricky. If you wear them at the wrong time, you can be perceived as tacky- and if you don't wear them when you should, you could be robbing yourself of femininity.
When to Wear None
* If it is not a day to wear mascara, then you shouldn't be wearing lashes.Lashes are not a replacement for mascara. They must always accompany it.
* If you are going for a natural, makeup-less look, then you do not need lashes (unless you have really natural looking individuals).
* If it is a day when you know you will be crying and wiping your eyes a lot, and have easily irritable eyes, don't wear lashes.
When to Wear Individual Lashes
* Whenever you are wearing a casual day,or light make-up look and would like extra oomph.
* If you have short, blonde or straight lashes, that can't be fully 'faked' with mascara.
* If you would like full lashes but will not be wearing eyeliner with them.
When to Wear Strip Lashes
* Whenever you do a smokey eye, or dark crease.
* For a night look in a dark bar, club, or concert.
* Whenever you would like a dramatic look emphasizing the eyes. (avoid wearing heavy lipstick or blush with strip lashes. It will make you look like you are wearing too much, and it's tacky).
When to Wear Costume Lashes
*...When you are wearing a costume.
* High fashion.
* NO other time is it appropriate.
How to Put Them On
Many people don't wear fake lashes, simply because they do not know how to put them on. If you are wary, there is no harm in practicing. -Some people even find fake lashes discomforting, so a day when you know you will just be shlubbing around the house, throw some on for the day, and you can practice wearing them and taking them off, and making sure your vision isn't impared, or they don't irritate your eyes.
How to Apply Individual Lashes
First, Curly your lashes and then apply mascara. You are going to need about 3 or so individual lashes per eye. Get a good angled tweezers and pick up the lash. You want the tweezers to pick them up about halfway down the length of the lash, with the lashes spread out and the tweezers clamped on top of them. Dip your lashes in your eyelash glue, and place at the corners of your eye, into your lash line. Release tweezers and quickly align lashes with your natural lashes. While letting them dry, repeat with other lashes. Repeat this process until you have three on each eye, or until fullness desired is reached.
How To Apply Strip Lashes
Take strip lashes out of package. Line the thickest/longest part up with outer corner of eye. Either mark on the lashes with a soft tipped marker or holding with your finger, mark 3 mm or so or where your natural lashes end from the inside corner of your eye. Repeat with the other eye and trim them so they will fit comfortably. Either dip or swipe the entire strip with lash glue. Pick up with tweezers and start from the outside corner, placing lashes as close to the lash line as possible. Once in place, with finger, lightly pull the lashes deeper into the lash line. Pinch the false lashes and your lashes together lightly between two fingers. Repeat with other eye.
* Use the white eyelash glue, not the clear. The white stuff usually comes in a small tube (like a tiny toothpaste tube) and smells really horrible. This glue is made of liquid latex, so it holds super strong. The clear stuff notsomuch.
* Put eyelash glue on a piece of parchment paper or a make-up palette a couple minutes before you go to do the lashes, so that the glue is tacky. It dries quicker when on the eye, and doesn't goop anywhere or slide.
* Only wear strip lashes with eyeliner so you can better disguise the strip. Apply the liner before you put the lashes on, and amp up (if need be) once the glue has dried.
* If using the recommended white/latex eyelash glue, you can remove the lashes easily with a little bit of warm water on a cotton swab. Warm water breaks down the latex.
* You can re-use your lashes MANY times if you clean the strip and lashes with alcohol, the same you would use to clean your brushes with. Be sure to let completely dry for at least a day before putting on your eye again. Alcohol in the eyes is a BIG oucho.
* If you Remove lashes before going to bed, they won't end up on your forehead in the morning.
Article Originally posted here: http://www.uvkittyshop.com/?p=480
About the Author: Kim Caughell is the face behind UvKITTY, both the online store, and the web community behind it. Kim is a licensed make-up artist and hairstylist who writes articles about beauty, living an alternative lifestyle, cooking starting her own craft business. Read more of articles, check out http://www.uvkitty.com. Also be sure to fan UvKITTY on Facebook and add her to your twitter to keep up on the latest articles.
(c) Kim Caughell. All Rights Reserved.
TC4Women.com http://TC4Women.com, and TheCorner4Women.com http://TheCorner4Women.com have continued motivating & empowering women, in the home, for business, health & leisure since January 2006 to the present day.
||All times are GMT - 5 Hours
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
REDUCE YOUR FAT
NATURALLY TO HELP GAIN A FLATTER BELLY FIND OUT HOW
This Article Forum is Powered by
TC4Women.com © 2006-2010 all rights reserved